A. Global Literary and Cultural Studies
_____ Pre-Post Positions: Essays on Structures & History, Literary Theory and Aesthetics.Marxism, structuralism, structural historicism, art and politics in a world of commodity production. ISBN: 0-9767019- 2-8.
_____ Lucien Goldmann, Genetic Structuralism and Cultural Creation in the Capitalist World.A book tracing major themes in the work of a major sociologist of philosophy, culture and literature. For a detailed description and Amazon sales pricing, see https://www.amazon.com/dp/097670191X.
- Recent Articles.
“Gunter Grass and Eduardo Galeano,” El Beisman2015-04-17 05:52:54.http://elbeisman.com/article.php?action=read&id=669
B. Film, Drama and Performance
Buy Book heretyle=”padding-left: 30px;”>(TO BE DEVELOPED)
Edited by Alejandro Eduarte
C. Global Literary Creation
Published Memoir Fiction by Marc Zimmerman. Stories based on memory, but turned toward fiction, and usually organized in novel-length forms. For latest fiction books, see http://latinobooks.net/search.asp? keyword=zimmerman&search=.
Also for an essay on MZ’s fiction. see
- A. Sampler of Early Writing.
- Stores of Winter.
Short fiction by Marc Zimmerman. Stories of childhood and not-so-innocents abroad in Spain and Italy—plus a Jewish American tragic-comedy.ISBN 0- 9767019-4- 4.Houston/Santiago, Chile. Global CASA/Bravo y Allende 2006. Three stories of childhood and a Jewish American tragic-comedy framed by two stories of not-so- innocents abroad in the 1960s: these are winter tales stored, life moments storied, fictions sometimes lived, from the darkness and through his own looking glass sometimes darkly, by a critic/theorist who began as a playwright and narrator, who always sought heat and light, and who has now decided to bring forth these illuminations of his fragmented and obscured imaginary—these tales of winter discontent from the near tail end of his winter years. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0976701944/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1
- B. Italian-themed Fiction
- The Italian Daze: Notes of a Lost Wanderer.A Jewish American take on Italian and Italian American life. Intro. Alessandro Carrera. Moorpark, CA. Floricanto Press. 2017.
- Buy here>http://amazon.com/Italian-Daze-Marc-Zimmerman/dp/1976242576/
- English language version (cutting three stories, adding one) of:
2a. La penisola non trovata I giorni italiani di un viandante perduto. Milano. Greco e Greco. April, 2017. Intro. e a cura di Alessandro Carrera. Trans. Marco Codebó. Buy here>
- https://www.amazon.com/penisola-non-trovata-italiani-viandante/dp/8879807587/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1500186266&sr=1-1&keywords=La+penisola+non+trovataReviews:Enrico De Vivo. https://www.lindiceonline.com/geografie/itinerari-letterari/marc-zimmerman-la-penisola-non-trovata/.In English: http://www.elbeisman.com/article.php?action=read&id=1534.Fred Gardaphe. “The Italian Daze. Fiction or creative non-fiction?” https://ytali.com/2018/02/22/italian-daze-fiction-creative-non-fiction/
Stories from Book Published: “The Last Laugh,” http://www.elbeisman.com/article.php?action=read&id=774.
“Maxine Lamberto,” in Voices in Italian Americana Vol. 27, No. 1 (2016): 84-91. Not on line.
3. The Short of It All: Dreams and Scenes of Memoir Fiction. Moorpark, CA. Floricanto Press 2018. https:// https://www.amazon.com/Short-all-Dreams-Scenes-Fiction/dp/1986065596/ref=sr_1_.. .
Presentation of book: https://theaggie.org/2018/11/11/memoir-fiction-comes-to-the-avid-reader/
Translation: Cuán alta la luna. Breves sueños y escenas de una vida larga. Floricanto 2019.
C. Latino/a-themed Books
- Martín and Marvin: A Chicago Jewish Mexican, His Friend and Their Latin Worlds. Chicago. LACASA Chicago. 2016.
For Amazon.com sample, see
For review, see Antonio Zavala. http://www.elbeisman.com/article.php?action=read&id=1146;
also José Ángel N. www.elbeisman.com/article.php?action=read&id=1213
2. THE BORDER TRILOGY
- Lines on the Border . Moorpark, CA. Floricanto Press, 2017.
- Sandino on the Border. Moorpark, CA. Floricanto Press 2018.
- La dolce vita on the Northern Side. Moorpark, CA. Floricanto Press 2019.